Monday, October 30, 2006


For the passed few years, my good friend and sometimes rival, David Schoffman, has been maintaining a "blog," (such an awful word, but more on that latter) recounting anecdotes from my life as an artist. (http://currado.blogspot.com/). As a latecomer to the 21st century, I have been slow to return the favor. Now that I am no longer teaching at the Lyons Institute of Fine Arts, I find that I have both the time and the inclination to indulge in our new technologies.

And so ... let me begin by stating quite emphatically, that David Schoffman is a most unusual and provocative artist. "Festina Lente," is more than a hollow slogan when it comes to Schoffman's methods and visions. He indeed makes a leisurely haste in his daily crucibles in the studio. To spend time with this erudite and sincere man is to be in the presence of one who truly is intent upon correcting the world through small acts of introspection.

No comments: